Enjoy a complete immersion program in Spain living with a host family as an au pair while attending a Spanish language course. You will become fluent in Spanish at the end of your au pair stay. This is a perfect program for those requiring a student or au pair visa when they want to stay in Spain longer than 3 months. Learn more about Spain Visa Regulations.
- Select the Spanish language course that fits your needs and objectives:
-Intensive Spanish language course ( 20 classes weekly, 4 per day): from 680€ monthly.
-Semi-Intensive Spanish language course ( 10 classes weekly, 2 per day): from 295€ monthly. With this course you can get the certificate to get your student visa.
-Extensive Spanish language course ( 6 classes weekly, 3 per week): from 205€ monthly.
-Extensive Spanish language course ( 4 classes weekly, 2 per week): from 155€ monthly.
- Au Pair placement with Spanish host family from 1 month up to 12 months or 24 months.
- Documents required to obtain your student or au pair visa in your home country.
- Complete immersion in Spanish culture.
- Working hours: Up to 25 / 30 hours per week, normally from Monday to Friday for a maximum of 5/6 hours daily.
- Private room & Full board 7 days a week
- Up from 70€ per week as pocket money
- One night of babysitting but not in free days.
- Weekends free to travel and explore the country.
- Free time available to attend Spanish language courses daily.
- One paid week’s holiday for each 6 months stay.
- Support services throughout the program.
- Events and social agenda for au pairs.
- Secondary placement if required.
If you are not european and want to be an Au pair in Spain longer than 3 months then you need to apply for an Au Pair or Student Visa. Right now due to COVID-19, it is only possible to come to Spain with a Student Visa due to travel restrictions.
In normal conditions with no pandemic, non european au pairs can entry in Spain as a tourist and then, once in Spain, they can apply for a student visa as it is not necessary to go back to their home country. But now due to travel restrictions, unless you are a resident in Schengen area, you need to apply for the student visa in your home country.
You can learn about the requirements to get a student visa, the process and documents required in this link.
To get a Student Visa in Spain, these are the main costs involved more or less:
- You need to register in a Spanish language school. Costs of Spanish language schools: 295€ approx monthly
- Have enough financial means to afford expenses of your stay and return to your country, which is around 550€ per month approx. unless it is duly proven that the accommodation has been paid in advance for the entire duration of the stay. As you will live with a host family as an au pair, normally schools includes in the school certificate the information regarding your lodging with a host family, so maybe (if officer approves and accepts) it is not necessary to show financial means in your bank statement.
- Have a public or private health insurance arranged with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain. Average cost of 43€ monthly depending on your age. detailed information here.
- Cost of visa fee: in Spain it is around 12€ in your home country you need to ask your Spanish consulate.