2. Fill out the On Line pre-application form so we can see your characteristics and requirements, see if you can apply for the program and advice you about families available. View families registered. If you are eligible for the program, you will receive by email our Au Pair application pack with instructions and documents required, so you can get started.
3.The au pair “Application pack” will be complete once you collect the following items
DOCUMENTS AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THE “AU PAIR IN SPAIN” PROGRAM:
- Application form neatly filled out Download form
- One passport size photo to send by e-mail (smiling!). Families would love to see a Photo collage with family, group of friends, with kids you take care of.
- A Dear Host Family Letter in Spanish, stating who you are, why you want to come to Spain and what you expect from being an au pair in Spain, your hobbies, interests, experience with children, any other special considerations (such as diet, etc.). Give as much detail as you can so that the host family reading your letter gets a sense of your personality and the kind of person you are. Do not get help with the letter so the family does not think you know more Spanish than you do. Use no less than 600 words and no more than 2 pages of white A4 paper. If you r Spanish is not good enough, you can write it in English, as many families speak English and accept au pairs with no Spanish knowledge. Download document
When we receive the 3 main documents: complete application form, the pictures and the host family letter , we will contact you to arrange an interview in Skype and tell you about families available that could be a good match for you . At this stage your application will be circulated among host families that have been selected for you and you will be able to contact those families that are interested in you.
Please send the documents scan by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete the application process you need to keep sending the rest of documents required:
- 2 reference letters including name, telephone and address of writer. One reference letter should be a childcare reference and the other a character reference (from non-family members, from an employer, a teacher, professor, church leader). Must be written in Spanish or English. You can use our templates included in our pack or just send normal letters of references. Download Character reference form Download Childcare reference form
- Medical certificate established less than 3 months before placement, declaring your general state of health. Name and address of the doctor. You can use our template included in our pack or just send a letter written by the doctor that states you are mentally or phisically in good health to travel to Spain and take care of kids. Download form
- Photocopy of Police Report that states you do not have criminal record.
- Photocopy of your ID card or passport
- Photocopies of high school diploma, and any degrees or other qualifications such as first aid, child care courses, foreign languages, sports…
- Photocopy of international driving licence if required by the family.
Once you have been accepted by a Host Family you like, you will sign the Au Pair agreement and the agreement between Host Family and Au Pair. Signment of both documents need to be done before departing for Spain.
Once your placement has been confirmed, you must pay the agency administration fee prior to arrival to Spain and according to payment instructions to follow in separate email. We accept Paypal and bank tranfers.
Once you arrive to Spain, we will give you the welcome and orientation pack and you will give us all the original documents that you sent to us by e-mail or fax.