Aplication process to be an Au Pair in Spain
We offer you a wide selection of families Available in Spain
We offer you different au pair programs to adapt to your needs and objectives
We guide you throughout the process
2. Fill out the On Line pre-application form so we can see your characteristics and requirements, see if you can apply for the program and advice you about families available. View families registered. If you are eligible for the program, you will receive by email your password to access your private area and upload the documents required, so you can get started.
3.The au pair “Application pack” will be complete once you collect and upload the following items
DOCUMENTS AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THE “AU PAIR IN SPAIN” PROGRAM:
- Application form neatly filled out Download form
- At least one picture of you (smiling!). Families would love to see a Photo collage with family, group of friends, with kids you take care of.
- A Dear Host Family Letter in Spanish, stating who you are, why you want to come to Spain and what you expect from being an au pair in Spain, your hobbies, interests, experience with children, any other special considerations (such as diet, etc.). Give as much detail as you can so that the host family reading your letter gets a sense of your personality and the kind of person you are. Do not get help with the letter so the family does not think you know more Spanish than you do. Use no less than 600 words and no more than 2 pages of white A4 paper. If you r Spanish is not good enough, you can write it in English, as many families speak English and accept au pairs with no Spanish knowledge. Download document
When we receive these 3 main documents: complete application form, the pictures and the host family letter , we will contact you to arrange an interview in Skype and advice you about families available that could be a good match for you . At this stage your file will be active and available among host families and you will be able to receive proposals from families and request interviews with those families of your interest.
To complete the application process you need to keep uploading the rest of documents required:
- 2 reference letters including name, telephone and address of writer. One reference letter should be a childcare reference and the other a character reference (from non-family members, from an employer, a teacher, professor, church leader). Must be written in Spanish or English. You can use our templates included in our pack or just send normal letters of references. Download Character reference form & Download Childcare reference form
- Medical certificate established less than 3 months before placement, declaring your general state of health. Name and address of the doctor. You can use our template included in our pack or just send a letter written by the doctor that states you are mentally and phisically in good health to travel to Spain and take care of kids. Download form
- Photocopy of Police Report that states you do not have criminal record.
- Photocopy of your ID card or passport
- Photocopies of high school diploma, and any degrees or other qualifications such as first aid, child care courses, foreign languages, sports…
- Photocopy of international driving licence if required by the family.
Once you have been accepted by a Host Family you like, you will sign the Au Pair agreement and the agreement between Host Family and Au Pair. Signment of both documents need to be done before departing for Spain.
Once your placement has been confirmed, you must pay the agency administration fee prior to arrival to Spain and according to payment instructions. We accept Paypal and bank tranfers.
Once you arrive to Spain, we will give you the welcome and orientation pack and make a follow up with you.