It is possible to come to Spain as a tourist and once you have arrived to Spain, apply for a student visa. Now many british au pairs and students are doing this because the Spanish embassy in UK is not responding and is overwhelmed. Many american au pairs prefer doing this too, because this way they can try for their first 2 months how they like it Spain and then if they want to extend they can apply directly in Spain for their visa. You can check All about Au Pair / Student visa in Spain and Costs involved.
If you decide to apply for a student visa once you arrived to Spain, yo need to take into account the following:
- When you need to apply: With a minimum advance of one month to the expiration date of your regular situation. If you are a british or american citizen, you can stay in Spain up to 3 months with no visa. Then you need to apply for your student visa in Spain within the first 2 months after your arrival.
- What documents you need to bring:
- You need to fill out the form EX00. Please down load in this link.
- Your passport valid for the length of your stay
- Proof that you ara applying on time (a minimum advance of one month to the expiration date of your regular situation)
- Medical insurance that includes hospitalization. Nº1 health insurance that meets requirements for Student Visa and NIE/TIE.
- Certificate of enrollment in a Spanish language school or university.
- Financial means to support your stay (bank statements)
- If you are applying for longer than 6 months you need to provide:
- a clean criminal background check or police check of your home country
- a medical certificate.
We assist our au pairs in this process as part of our fees. We can also help other au pairs or students as an extra service. Please check our fees and services in this link
Any further question please Contact us.