Some tips to be a succesful Au Pair
- Most families in Spain requires the au pair to teach English or their native language to the kids. Be talkative and playful with the kids and encourage them to practice the language. No mobile or laptop while you are with them.
- Be polite, friendly and confident: Show respect for your host family – do not shy away from them, as you are there to learn. Also, don’t be scared to tell them if you don’t understand something they’ve said.
- Be flexible and help the family in everything you can.
- Get feedback from family in order to adapt to their needs.
- Act like another member of the family but always respecting their privacy
- Keep your room and personal things clean and tidy.